hosta leavs/instead of lettuce

  • Subject: hosta leavs/instead of lettuce
  • From: "Township" <township@acbm.qc.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 17:07:56 -0400

Just wanted to let you know, I used a few hosta leaves last weekend in a
platter I prepared.   They were a big hit, with strangers anyways!  Family
just rolled their eyes when they saw it and made inane comments :-)
I may have overdid it a bit, the hostess didn't know if the platter was a
centerpiece for her buffet table that was to be admired or if it could
actually be eaten.  They were respectfull and only nibbled the edges!
BTW, leaf of Great Expectations received the most favorable comments.
Thank you all for your input and ideas.   Have to remember these for the

mail to:  "township@acbm.qc.ca"