ploidy testing

On my request Danny Eechaute who has a very large collection of
Hosta including the newest ones ,  brought me some plants He
also included a few himself that might show differences in ploidy . I
investigated 11 plants Four, including Slick Willy and Blue Mouse
Ear,
turned out to be diploid, two were triploid,  two were tetraploid, and
two
were ploidychimera A very high score of polyploids from only 11
plants. In
case any of you is interested and thinks he has plants that might
be
polyploids one way or another, why not send me one to check ?
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands