Re: Paula-TATTOO???

  • Subject: Re: Paula-TATTOO???
  • From: Marie <hostas@gmx.at>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 06:22:05 +0200 (MEST)

> Marie,
> My Tattoo seems to be doing well (Knock on wood).
> I am in zone 4.
> It is in an east and south facing bed. Some evening sun.
> Bed is about 4 years old and has 4 inches of compost and some sand.
> Everything under the bed is sand after the first 4 inches.
> When I have started seeds..I have started them in the house with lights on
> them 24/7
> which makes them plenty warm.
> Are you talking about starting them outside?
> Now or when winter comes?
> Paula
Thanks for the advise everyone!!! I was going to put it into some sun
anyway, but it obviously likes sand?! Good drainage anyway...I was thinking about
starting my seeds in spring outside after having stored them in the freezer
over the winter. I don`t own a greenhouse, so staring them outside is the only
option really. But I`ve got a really strong plant-lamp indoors too. So maybe
IŽll start them off there? What does one think? IŽll experiment a bit next
spring, but every piece of advise that will increase my success is welcome!