Peoria Convention

Hi All:

Just got back from Texas where I attended the 80th Anniversary of My High
School Graduation.
I left Peoria early Saturday so I missed several of the gardens, but saw 7 on
All were beautifully manicured. I took about 720 pix.  Weather was great.
Clear skies.
Some things that stand out in my mind:
The Nance garden had a central island bed with the plants of two well-known
hybridisers. Ralph "Herb" Benedict and a chap named Crockett. Gosh!  I would
have done almost anything to have gotten a piece of the latter's H. 'Brunswick
Square', one of his "Bloomsbury" series.

Terraced  beds at Arnold Garden.

Grooming at Harrison's.

Potted Paradise hostas at Nances. PLUS H. aequionocthiiana (sp?--I lent my
Scmid book).(These were guests from Crockett. (Who IS he!!!!????))

Vendors brought some beauties.

Kay D. had some great seedlings, sports and hybrids. I especially liked a
sport of
More later.
Pixlisters!! Why didnt you pick up your shirts!!
Il'l be scanning some Peoria Pix this evening--stand by!
More later.
Clyde Crockett z5