WNY 2nd annual Cut Leaf Show

Well we had our second cut leaf show here in Western New York (East
Aurora to be specific).  Bill Zumbar once again came up from Ohio to
judge for us.  We haven't yet reached the point of having an accredited
show, so Bill takes on the role of teacher while judging, pointing out
the flaws in the leaves, lack of grooming, etc.  It's a great learning
experience for all our club members and the improvements over last year
were very noticable.  Unfortunately we didn't get the number of entries
we were hoping for, too many people away for the holiday weekend I
imagine.  But with the daylily society and iris socity also putting on
displays there was plenty to see, and a good crowd of people looking and
asking questions.  In all a great day. (And I even got 2 blue ribbons,
unofficial ones of course).
Joanne
jopyz@earthlink.net