Re: Foliar nematodes

Before this gets out of hand it was 130 degrees F and that temperature will
kill a lot of bugs but not the plant. I used it with mealy bugs on African
Violets. In the case of nematodes in hosta they are inside and hard to
reach, Solberg says it works but i'm sure it would not be easy and the temp
is critical.

At 05:51 AM 7/7/98 EDT, you wrote:
>A method that was mentioned on the old AHS robin for killing foliar
>was to plunge the whole plant into boiling hot water for a couple of minutes.
>I would only try this on an expensive plant that I wanted to try to rid of
>nematodes, kind of kill or cure. Any others I would burn.
>Glen UK
Butch Ragland So. Indiana zone 5