Re: Sum Total---Response

In a message dated 7/7/1998 5:09:41 PM Central Daylight Time,
ALMAND@arrakis.es writes:

 Has any of you sen this hosta in the real???. I've received some amazing pics
from her breeder, Sandra Pedrick. This is a trully HUGE hosta, with MASSIVE
Dear Jose,

Como estas? [I hope you dont mind my writing to you in the familiar---we hosta
people are all buddies!!]
Yes, I was the first other person to see it in Indianpolis at Sandy's garden.
I have recently photogaphed it at Soules Garden. The leaves are somewhat
larger than those of S & S.

Let be be frank. I am not terribly impressed with the margined sports of S &
S. But the reason perhaps is that I am not a big fan of S& S, period. I think
the color is rather ugly and almost ghastly. If one wants a huge clump with
giant leaves, I always recommend Birchwood Elegance.  Don't you think the big
montanas make more of a statement? I would trade all of my S & S for just one
H. montana forma macrophylla.

Cuantos anos tienes?( Sorry for no tilde--I have lost my charset.)
Clyde Crockett