Re: Rabbits

At 07:28 AM 7/17/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I presume I still have rabbits eating my impatiens flowers,
> What are you doing to
>keep them out or are you just letting them feast?
Hi, Jan.  Rabbits like cabbage more than hostas (so do slugs).  Plant some
away from your hosta bed(s) and see the difference for yourself.  You will
not have to worry about the well-fed rabbits proliferating anymore than
they already do, as any increase in their population is offset by an
increase in the number of local bobcats, domestic cats, and other natural
predators.  The slugs are easily controlled by destroying their eggs, which
they leave at the inner base of cabbage leaves.

Sheila Smith
Niles, MI  USA, Z 5/6