Re: Streaked Scape

At 06:00 AM 7/19/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Well I have to share this with people who'll appreciate it. I showed a
>friend my streaked scape on Striker and she just said "Oh, nice".
>I know it's not all that exciting but it's the first I've seen in my
>garden.  And I got a couple seed pods set on it, (once I was able to
>get out early enough to find hostas with good pollen still on them).
>At this point I've got no plan to what I'm doing, but do the experienced
>hybridizers cross things that are radically different, i.e. Sum and
>Substance X venusta, or do you work more with line breeding?
>Joanne
>jopyz@earthlink.net
>
>joan, i grow all the sum and substance seeds i can get, and the make my
selections, i have six very nice plants, very different from the parent.
i make a lot of crossess with nigressens el. , im trying to get big plants,
ialso have crosses like, seiboldiana x kikittii   and seiboldiana x
rupifraga.   Dr. Herb Benedict once told me  if someone tells u something
cant be done, they really mean they weren't able to do it, keep on
trying,,also heerb benedicts first cross is always is a selfing, ie. cross
it back to itself, thats how he got D. Benedict (Francis Williams x Francis
Williams), D. benedict Selfed gave him Gil jones, Jim wilkins, Heidiko Gowen
and i think Insook) have fun
sexem,growem,plantem,waterem,watchem   hows my  latin  hahah   indianabob