Hydrangeas

 Hi,

I would like to know if it would be okay to plant Hydrangeas on the
South side of
my garage.   We live right in the middle of the woods so there are quite
a few trees
that still shade that side of the garage.  It doesn't even get 4 full
hours of direct sun.
I know Hydrangeas I have planted in other areas of the yard which gets
way more
shade do just fine.  I live in WI  zone 4a.  I need 3 shrubs to plant on
the south side
of the garage and I just don't know what to put there that would do good
with some direct sunlight some of the time and shaded the rest of the
time. I have tryed shrubs
that need full sun and they just don't grow good.  I don't know the name
of the Hydrangeas I have all I know is they are not the Peegee
Hydrangea.  These that I have
bloom white and everyone around here grows them.  I know they grow
pretty tall and
it's like the branches grow straight up out of the ground.  In the
winter you see all these
branches standing up with the dead faded flower heads on the end of
them.

Thanks,
Vicky Cahanes
New Richmond,  WI