Fused Flower Scapes

I rec'd a pic of a hosta with fused flower scapes. Most unusual to me.This
caused the inflorescence to be spectacular. The image and hosta were Charles
Tuttle's.
I sent the image on to Tony Avent. He commented that he sees this phenom
occasionaly but it does not reappear. He concludes that it is probably
weather related.
I am going to send the pic to Pixlist. If anyone else would like to see the
image(jpeg. format) I'lll be happy to fwd.

If anyone has any comments on this anomaly, please let us hear from you.

Clyde Crockett z5