Pollen

For the past few days I have gathered Pollen to freeze for use later this
summer.  That is when the temperature drops again.  The heat of the last few
days feels as if it could cook the flowers.  I would be interested in hearing
the different methods that is used by those who practice freezing pollen.

Another question that I would like ideas and opinion on is, why can the bees
set pods on every flower on some plants that I have never been able to get
even one pod from crosses that I have made.  At present I am working with a
bright gold seedling that has a ventricosa flower.  This plant came from a
ventricosa cross.  It has bright red purple bracts along the scape where the
red purple flowers grow.  Color combination is interesting.  In early spring
the leaves are so bright they look as if they are lighted from within.  I
would really like help on this one.  The bees are doing great but I am
batting zero.

Mary