Re: large hosta

Judy McCann wrote:
> I am ready for some input..........What hosta(s) will grow into a large
> plant reasonably quick?  I have Sum and Substance, looking for something
> different, unknown, that I wouldn't see on every garden visit or at every
> local garden center.  Also, I don't want to have to obtain a bank loan to
> buy it.  I have lots of variegated hosta, maybe a green with wavy
> leaves.......any suggestions out there?????
> Judy, zone 7, central Virginia

Hi Judy,

Since you have S&S, why not Lady Isobel Barnett?  This is a green TC
sport of S&S with a narrow gold edge.  Big (maybe bigger than S&S) and
fast growing, different, and won't need a bank loan.

Or...Fried Green Tomatoes...gets fairly big, green shiny leaves, and
fast growing, plus fragrant white flowers.

Or...Daybreak...large gold (unusual color), cheap.

Just some thoughts...

P.S. -- Oh....what about Abiqua Drinking Gourd?  Big blue, extremely
cupped leaves.  Very popular around here!

Josh's Garden Web

In The Country Garden & Gifts

JS Web Page Design

"There are always two choices.