H. montana 'aureomarginata'

Clyde,
    I have had a plant of H. montana 'aureomarginata' for 4 years and no
success.  Every spring it arrives too early for our spring frost and is
bitten to the ground(I tried covering it).  This year no spring frost and
the.......voles ate on it.  I transplanted it in a wire cage and will try
again.  Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions on large hosta, some of
which I am totally unfamiliar with.  Will look them up and take a visit to
Tony Avent or Bob Solberg soon.
Judy, Virginia,  jmccann@tez.net