Re: Pollen

In a message dated 7/5/99 10:09:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
LakesideRM@aol.com writes:

<< why can the bees
 set pods on every flower on some plants that I have never been able to get
 even one pod from crosses that I have made >>
I think it's because the bees are tireless.  When I was planting some hosta
seedlings this weekend I started watching the bees visit the flowers on
several nearby hosta.  The saying 'busy as a bee' rang true.  They just kept
coming and coming.  Not everyone would visit the same flower, but each flower
was visited by several bees while I watched for a few minutes.  I don't think
any human could match that with hand pollination.
Dave Husband
Arlington VA where it reached 103 today