on guard

I have been reading about stolen hostas and it is really depressing but I
know unfortunately it happens.  I go on tours of every garden I can and I
have noticed that people that have large gardens have other garden friends
located all through the garden at different sites.  I thought it was to
answer questions, but maybe it can serve a dual purpose.  They could "guard"
the plants.  Of course you have to know your friends, and I mean really know
them because you don't want a fox in the henhouse(is that the saying????)The
main problem I have noticed in my area(most of the gardens I tour don't have
major collections) is the lack of respect that people have for the garden in
general.  I don't know how many times I have wanted to shout at children and
adults that don't stay on walkways, throw trash, cigarette butts, and etc.
in someone garden that they have "slaved" over.  The one that really drives
me crazy is the climbing on the rocks, or hands in the fish pond.  Oh, I
have gone on enough. I hate the fact that I may miss out on visiting all
those great gardens out there because of others lack of respect and honesty,
but I understand.  Good luck Floyd, and others with tours, don't give up on
us, there are still lots of honest, respectful gardeners out here.
Judy, in Virginia, praise the lord, it is raining as I type