Tissue Culturing Streakies?

  • To: (Recipient list suppressed)
  • Subject: Tissue Culturing Streakies?
  • From: WiN <raffi@sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 13:13:50 -0400

I saw some emails somewhere, between so & so and so & so (forgot who?) related to a topic of 'Tissue Culture of Streaky Meri-stems' and I'm wondering:

1) ..has anyone tried this; and/or
2) ..might anyone know what the resulting variables (hosta types obtained?) be?

[subnote] I personally suspect ..that every type, as classified by 'The Wheels Committee' (and/or Benedict Cross/Artist's Palette concepts?) would result ..but until we talk with someone whom has done it; and seen the results; and knows! Then the variability question remains a mystery?

If the above question related to "TC OF STREAK?" is not too delicate of an issue to discuss? ... i.e. not a secret to be kept from rank & file hosta-natives here! ...then perhaps, someone might like to help resolve the question ..pertaining to "resulting types".

Thanking respondents in advance, I am & remain

hosta sincerely yours

:-B))

the'SHADOW'gardener
email: "William Nash" <raffi@sympatico.ca>