Re: Battle is not in the Hosta fields but on the net

.. i think most do just to ensure good drainage so they have the best ideal
conditions.  I have 164 varieties of hosta but not many unusual ones so
hoping to buy something worth trading with folks to increase my collection.
Cheryl

Thanks!  It makes sense for the drainage (we are sand based soo...)  I have
some babies I've adopted and want to take good care of them.

I started the year with about 63 varieties of hosta and I've managed to hit
the 80 hosta before the auction.  I've still got
6 to 10 hosta I'm getting from Gary this year. Plus six or so he's helping
me get from some mystery source ;). GARY TRUCK in case I haven't said it
your great!. 5 or 6 plants from Jim yet. 3or4 from Bob and 4 from Mary and
then I've BLOWN MY limit for the year (just with the auction I've blown my
limit but a friend and I kept from bidding against each other by letting me
buy).

Next Years list covers at least 50 more plants.  Those that Gary won't have
available this year. Olgas annual sale.  Plus nursery shopping on the
internet (yes some of us are internet junkies as well as Hosta junkies)

Kate