Re: Polymer Gels and Hostas

Barbara,

I learned about polymer gels from Bob Kuk. They start off as small crystals
and grow to about 20 times the original size when soaked in water. Hosta roots
will grow through them and draw water off of them. I have used them. Not sure
if they helped or not. My guess is anyway to get extra water to a plant during
dry periods is beneficial.

Ray Wiegand
mentor, Ohio