Zapped with BAP

My HOLLY'S VELVET PIECRUST was in too much sun, so I moved it last evening.  I had zapped it with BAP 10 on May 1st, along with some other newer things, and was I surprised to see SEVEN new shoots arising from the crowns of my small double piece.  They had not emerged yet, and nothing seemed to be from buds in leaf axils, but from the crowns themselves. Since this was just 4 weeks since the treatment, I'm excited to see what the others do in a couple of weeks.
I'm NOT digging them to find out!  Bob Savage