Re: Favorites and Christmas in June!

Gerry/Bob O'Neill wrote:

> Kris,
> Is the '3000 mi Garden' the one about the correspondence between the two gardeners? I've seen it in the bookstores, but hadn't bought it yet. Guess I will, on your recommendation!

Yes, it is. I read it before I went to London for my annual visit with my mother, and as a reulst I went 'round to Eccleston Square and met Roger Phillips. It's a funny book, but is
chock full of excellent information. He gardens Eccleston Square (these "green" squares are all over London proper) and Leslie Land gardens in New England. It made me go and get
Phillips' other books, and tracked down Land in the States--she writes for gardening magazines in her neck of the woods. Michael Pollan's book is very well written too--he has a
chapter on categories of catalogs that is just the best. Kris

Kristi A. Groberg, Ph.D.

Site I co-edit with Dr. Yvanka Raynova:
Site I built: