Re: [streak] species seedlings - "true to form"

In a message dated 06/06/2000 4:23:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
CTuttle39@Juno.com writes:

<< My understanding is that only ventricosa comes genetically true - because
 the ova develops without being pollinated - I've forgotten the technical
 term but it can be looked up in Schmid. >>

The word is Apomixis.  I have a natural garden grown chartreuse seedling from
ventricosa, not from ventricosa Aureomaculata or ventricosa Aureomarginata.
It starts out pretty light (I would like to say yellow, but that is a bit of
a stretch), and darkens as the year progresses, but it never gets as dark as
ventricosa.  The flower is identical in size and shape, but is lighter than
the flowers on ventricosa.  The plant is in it's third year.

Any similar plants out there?

For your hybridizers, if I grow the seed from this chartreuse ventricosa, is
there a chance I would get some light seedlings, or would you guess they
would all be regular dark green ventricosa?
Ray Rodgers, Bartonville, IL, CIHS, Zone 5