Re: Gloves or not?

I solved my trowel 'burn' in a different way. since I have heavy soil
(amended clay, but still heavy), I make
holes for annuals using a stand-on bulb planter. I don't empty until the end
since each new hole pushes the dirt out the top. I fill around the annual
with the broken up clod. I usually make the hole good and deep so that I can
add water saver down in the hole. I've planted 9 flats this spring, and
making the holes was the fastest part of the project. Gail