Re: This Year's Convention

Hey everyone who was at the convention, what was your favorite garden, event,

I will start, Loved the garden of Cindy and Scott Johnson, not that I didn't
love the gardens of everyone else, it is just that their garden felt like
home, anyone who leaves milkweed for the butterflies is a hit with me.  Their
garden was so unpretentious, and they are such lovely people.  After I found
that Cindy spins and weaves I felt that she could be a best friend if I were
near her.  I wondered if she quilts as that is my fiber art of choice but
didn't want to take too much of her time.

It has been a dream of mine to visit Hideko at Gowen Gardens.  Not enough
time in thirty-five minutes to do it justice but I did get some good pics as
I ran around trying to not miss a thing.  Yea, right!

Tony's speech at the end was almost the funnies thing, OK the funniest ever.
We should have paid him, most comedians of that caliber make the big bucks
being funny.  I can see why so many people hold him in such high esteem.

I met about a dozen people that I regularly communicate with, feel like they
are my best friends, but finally got to put a name to the face.  The MN
people are the best, well some of the best.  What a pleasure to spend time
with people like Monty, Layne and Paula, Cindy, Harry (a misplaced MN
person).  Thanks all you guys, you are lovely people.

Last but not least, I had a mission to meet Mark Zilis, and that did happen
too.  I take it that Mark is like Bob and is not a crowd person but that is
ok.  Just can't wait for his book to come out, has been a while coming, but