Re: Chemicals and worms

In a message dated 06/27/2000 8:38:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wie1086@oh.verio.com writes:

<<  I am hearing of putting sevin and diazinone in
 the beds >>

You don't put sevin in the beds. It is a foliar spray. The Diazinone won't do
the worms any good. I suggest sticking with the bait, but don't put the bait
near the hosta. It just atracts them to the hosta beds. Put it away from the
beds .....on the edge. Once I stopped using bait in the beds I had much less
slug trouble. If I use anything , it is the squeeze bottle of deadline. I
have very little slug damage now. Just my thoughts on the subject.