Re: Cutworms

  • Subject: Re: Cutworms
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 07:01:58 EDT

In a message dated 5/31/01 11:32:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
diannthoma@hotmail.com writes:

 I did put down some boards next to the worst victims of hosta felling and
 leaf eating. Will check out the catch tomorrow a.m.

Diann, I am usually real hesitant to use chemicals because of the birds and
my dogs but now I am thinking that you should take Clyde's advice and start
dusting with seven.  It might not do much for the rabbits but it will
certainly put a stop to the cutworms.

Mary, I am afraid that if a beaver came into my garden I would get so excited
that.........well, I will just say I would be real excited.  I remember
traveling to a remote holler when I was a kid to observe a beaver dam and the
beavers working.  My dad had heard about it and since they had become non
existent in our county it was a real treat.  I have heard that they are on
the comeback and can be a nuisance.  N.