Re: new hosta at Walmart

  • Subject: Re: new hosta at Walmart
  • From: "Sam" <samk52@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 22:00:26 -0700

Where is your Walmart?  I'll be right over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
According to the 2001 Hosta finder
Choo Choo Train averages out to $27.44
Hillbilly Blues $29.83
Medusa $19.82
On Stage $19.02.
But make sure they are what the tags say they are.
The venders will send plants that are labeled one thing
and are something else.  And there is nothing the store
can do but complain, for all the good that does.  That's
one reason I don't work for wally world anymore.
There was a shipment of hosta that came in labeled Revolution, but
none of them had the green flecks in the center.  They had to
take them and couldn't change the labels or remove them.  I saw
many such cases like this in the 2 years I worked in Lawn and Garden.
I'd just tell customers that they weren't what the labels said they were.
I learned you can't change a company that doesn't want to change.
Not by myself anyway.  And no one there wanted to hear about it.
Sam I Am