Re: new hosta at Walmart

  • Subject: Re: new hosta at Walmart
  • From: "Ransom Lydell" <ranbl@netsync.net>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 13:08:50 -0400

I suspect the demographics here are somewhat different.  This is a relatively poor and sparsely populated area.  That is true of many of the areas Wal Mart "targets"  the population here simply couldn't support any more so
" something gave"  Talk about sad.  I watched a fine little business community, which had for many years educated, and helped the local community lose the establishments they had worked hard to run for so many years.  Those people I can feel sorry for.  Their employees who had developed with them, were able to support families with the pay they made.  Now we have 6.00 dollar an hour jobs at the discounters and no decent device for products one purchases. (Luckily for me, Wal Mart can;'to even afford to try to sell the more unusual hostas or other plants here! ) I can't for the life of me see how this business situation is better or even OK.  Frankly I do not "wish them well"