Re: Catching Rabbits in Live traps

  • Subject: Re: Catching Rabbits in Live traps
  • From: BanyaiHsta@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 14:59:28 EDT

Probably 100. A  couple a month in the summer. Caught 10 groundhogs one summer. Wrote a story about it.

Last week a friend of mine was trying to trap a groundhog that moved in under his porch. After it stole the bait for 3 days he called to return the traps, telling me why. Told him to put the traps out with no bait and wait - 2 days later, groundhog with no bait. Remember animals get used to the surroundings and forget that we want to get rid of them. I shoot rabbits that don't run away from me - I guess their mother never told them to run from a gun. My mother did!

Be sure the trap is in a out of the way place, where they can " hide in the hole".