RE: WalMart hostas

I agree with you whole heartedly.

I got my first hosta 'fix' at a local nursery.  I bought some
common varities.   Christmas Tree, Sea Lotus Leaf, Pineapple
Poll, Love Pat and Frosted Jade.  (They say you never forget
your first....)   Anyway since then as my tastes have 'matured'
and my addiction has worsened, I have now outgrown my local
nurseries and only pick up plants thru mail order and Society
Auctions or Sales.

I have never purchased plants at a Mega Chain store as by the
time they've hit their shelves, I've already purchased them and
have them growing in my yard.  Will I purchase one because it is
cheap when I've spent 5-10x the amount a year or two earlier
for OS?  Not likely.  I won't wait for hosta to hit the discount
racks as one can never tell if the hosta will make it there
in any reasonable amt of time, though it seems to be quicker
and quicker now.

As to Kevin's comments regarding the TC of his Dream Weaver....
I've purchased some small TC'd Dream Weavers from a great
nursery, but I'm not all that thrilled with them.  The
edges aren't wide enough for my tastes and they appear
quite a bit like GE in my humble opinion.  So I will still
be looking for OS division.  I've seen the small tc's of
GE and the do look different that what I received as DW
but not enough.  We'll have to see what developes but I'm
not holding my breath.

I know that I've had many people pass by my yard and
comment on just how beautiful the hosta are and ask me
where they can purchase some for their gardens.  I only
direct them to local nurseries and try to get them to
join a our local society.  IF they go to walmart for
their first fix so be it, but some will progress to
addict level soon enough and they'll be supporting the
local nurseries, the mail order suppliers and the
local and national society auctions.

Good luck to all.