Hosta Availability

It has been a long time, but I do still exist. I just stay infernally busy.

I know that a good many of my customers frequent this list serve, so I
thought they might be interested in a sale list we have posted to the
Internet.  We have some oversized plants available (I do mean oversized).
http:\\www.winterberryfarms.com\HTM_files\2001Sale.htm .

Also, I would appreciate any one who wants to get updates in the future, to
please send me your email address.  We send to email address first as it is
the fastest way to communicate.  Several of our email addreses are out of
date.

Finally, Richard Jolly, I have never found a Hosta variety that deer will
not eat.  I have escaped the problem in the past by putting the Hosta next
to a Kudzu field.  The deer prefer the Kudzu to the Hosta.  However, the
Kudzu is gone (a new house is being built) and the Hosta are nubs.  Stick
with the electric fence (use at least two wires to confuse the deer or they
go right over your fence up to 8 feet high!).  One way to lower grazing by
the deer is to not fertilize the plants.  Deer seem to love plants that have
high nitrogen fertilizer.

Jim Anderson
Winterberry Farms TC