Re: do not bid on anything from Tk49

  • Subject: Re: do not bid on anything from Tk49
  • From: "Lu Treadway" <Hostanut@Bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 13:49:26 -0400

Andrew, your point about a policy is probably a good one.
However, I have a problem with your 'tone'. It implies that
Bob jumped the gun on suspending someone or firing a warning
shot too early.

Being one of the people who is waiting for this particular
seller to send my plant, I can assure you he did not.

Responding to your 'excuses':

> People get busy - then don't put plants up for auction
until you have time to handle your commitments
> email servers go down - don't think I know of a server
that goes down for months, or who can not be accessed via
the web, and even if it did, there are plenty of free email
providers out there that if you were a legit person, you
would sign up for one, and notify your customers. Besides
that, God forbid you should put 34 cents on an envelope and
snail mail someone! A Quality Customer focused vendor with
pure intentions would do this, and more!
>fax machines don't connect - Kinko's is open 24/7
>relatives die - true statement, sad, but true. Again, as a
legit vendor with pure intentions, you have a responsibility
to notify your customers of what is happening. I can't speak
for the others, but when I talked to Bob, I told him I felt
that something was wrong, and I didn't feel this gentleman
was trying to 'stiff' us. However, over a month later...no
response, no correspondence, no nada! Sorry, but others need
to know before they too fall prey!
>circumstances beyond our control happen all of the time -
I'm not going to repeat myself, see what your obligations
are, above!

Now don't get me started on the Wal-Mart discussion! I've
been sitting on my hands refusing to go there!

Lu (Atlanta, Zone 7B)

Website: http://www.bigfoot.com/~Hostanut