Re: do not bid on anything from Tk49

  • Subject: Re: do not bid on anything from Tk49
  • From: "Andrew Lietzow" <andrewl@hostahaven.com>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 13:36:50 -0500

Hi Bob,
RE:>>> He hasn't shipped hostas to 5 people. What more do you want.
I think my previous message was rather clear.  Is there a written policy,
consistently applied, that spells out the terms and conditions for listing
and bidding at the HostaLibrary.org site?  Personally, I haven't shipped
Hostas to about 50 people but if I were to be suspended, I would hope the
rules would have been consistently applied.  As it turns out, there are
procedures required by the IRS and such authorities that make me document
things and this takes time.  And, I only ship once a week.

I have an order open with a one seller that lists plants at the HL.org site
fairly frequently.  I've faxed them, they've emailed me and somehow the
communicatoins have missed each other.  Finally, I faxed the order again
this week and we connected.  Then they said we'll have to delay shipment for
another couple of weeks because of some Hosta convention (imagine that! :-))
This could be what's happening with Tk49 or maybe there really is trouble in
river city, but it's important for people to be understanding and for terms
and conditions to be consistently applied.

A written policy goes a long way toward making terms and conditions clear.
Unfortunately, email isn't all it's cracked up to be if you need reliable
communications.  There are way too many possible points of failure and who's
to blame?  Is it Tk49's fault?  Who knows.

I have been on the phone with a little outfit we know as Qwest numerous
times over the past month, trying to get a DSL connection put into place
with 5-Static IP addresses.  I could write pages about how they have
promised multiple times to get the connection in place by June 1.  It is now
the 6th of June.  They have issued two "Urgent Error Corrections" and the
client's email server has been down since June 1.  And all the email senders
to this account know is that their email isn't getting through.  It may not
even be being bounced, since we have a secondary MX record in place (which
holds the records for 5 days), but who knows?   And this is a BIG company
that ought to have people in place that know what the hell they're doing.
Do you know what their excuse is?  "We're backlogged". Yepper.  Too much
work to do and not enough intelligent people employed to get it all done.
It is definitely non-trivial work, but it's not rocket science.  Or is it?

Maybe Tk49 has the same problem with his DSL line.  I don't know...

Just something to think about....

Thank you,
Andrew Lietzow
#1 Plantsman at http://HostaHaven.com