RE: Cutworms

  • Subject: RE: Cutworms
  • From: "Mary Chastain" <mc_hosta@Bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 07:40:54 -0400

In our area the cutworms do the dirty work at night. Going out with a flashlight helps.  During the day they hide under the leaves, in the ground at the base of the plant or you can often find the small ones in the petioles near the ground.
Spraying with seven will take care of the problem but it must be repeated about every 10 days. This year we used diazinon granules.  For years I have had a lot of damage but this year I have had no damage in the area that we used this.
Mary