Re: Bad Hosta Day :(

  • Subject: Re: Bad Hosta Day :(
  • From: BanyaiHsta@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 08:55:16 EDT

We do have some people who wrap their biggest banana plants in burlap layers, similar to sensitive figs, etc.

No, I haven't tried it - think it would be ok to 10 degrees above zero. That is our normal coldest day - every few years in single digits, once in 20 years -14.

This morning I checked and every plant has now leafed out - they are tough!
bruce