RE: Most effective Deer Repelant Suggestions...

  • Subject: RE: Most effective Deer Repelant Suggestions...
  • From: "Pinterics, Michael W (MED)" <Michael.Pinterics@med.ge.com>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 07:31:29 -0500

Thanks for the suggestions.

Diane-  I'm going to try the liquid Fence.  I hope for the best.  There
just
isn't much else around for the deer to eat as it is all trees with very
little
undergrowth.

Gary-  I don't think the 'natural biological repelants' you mention will
work.
I've seen plenty of bear on the property and the neighbors have seen an
occasional wolf as they've  been reintorduced.  I don't think it would
phase
the deer.....   Now that you mention it though.... I could put up wolf
feeders
like the neighbors put up the deer feeders.... Yeah that's it.  We
already
have bear feeders....  ~tried~ to put up bird feeders but the bears came
in
and knocked them over and ate the seed.

Our cabin is located across the 'road' from a 13,000 acre game farm.  If
you
can hunt it they grow it.   Bear, Deer, Moose, Elk... those are just
what I
have seen.  I am not sure what else they got in there.  On the other
side of
us we are bordered by the Oneida National Forest.  We are farily remote.
It is going to be a challange but I am going to get my hosta beds moved
up
there soon.  This is just the trial phase, make that trial and error.

Thanks,
Mike