  • Subject: Hostalady
  • From: "Curtis Bell" <curtbell@q1.net>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 10:20:39 -0700

Bob and Narda,
I think we had part of this conversation last year.  I just discovered this spring how many of my plants aren't what they were sold as.  At the COHS meeting Charles Tuttle had a Peppermint Ice that was green and white streaked, similar to the one in the Library.  Mine is forest green with yellow streaks.  I've replaced my ""Iron Gate Supreme"" with one from Stuart that is actually streaked.
There was a period where nothing was offered with Belle Gardens attached to it, now they've resurfaced in a different persona. BEWARE   Why buy something that MIGHT be a seedling of a plant at as high a price as the named plant itself.  Is the name on the mother plant the right name?  Jim's Hosta has some Belle Garden originals, I would go there to buy the proper plant.
I traded a ""Foxy Doxy"" to Andrea last year and I apologize if its the wrong plant-I don't know-I have two entirely different plants with that name attached.  I'm glad someone found out who these sellers are because everyone should be leary of them.