OT - Food ideas Fwd: Second season's crops

  • Subject: OT - Food ideas Fwd: Second season's crops
  • From: Jim Sherwood <jimwsherwood@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 08:57:24 -0700 (PDT)

 This looked too nice not to share, Jim.

  BurpeeSeed@List.Burpee.com wrote:

Plant a salad garden now!

Dear Gardener,

Summer is heating up, but that doesn't mean that you have to say "so-long" to salad greens. Start a salad garden from seed right now! We've selected some of our fastest growing salad and vegetable crops so that you can sow seeds and enjoy crisp salads in just a few weeks!

Plant a flower garden from seed, too. Learn how now!

Are weeds bringing you to your knees? Check out our weeding solutions.

Plant a salad garden now!

Burgundy Ice Lettuce
Burgundy Ice Lettuce
Blushing burgundy leaves surround small head-- ready for the salad bowl in 77 days.

Giant Caesar Lettuce
Giant Caeser Lettuce
This romaine lettuce has the texture of a buttrhead. Harvest in 70 days.

Gourmet Blend Lettuce
Gourmet Blend Lettuce
A rainbow of looseleaf greens are ready to eat in just 45 to 50 days.

'Melody' Spinach
'Melody' Spinach
In just 42 days, you can add to salads or sautes. An All-America Selections Winner!

Buttergreen Bean
Buttergreen Bean
Tastes like a pole bean and shaped like a baby lima. Each pod has 7 to 9 beans!

Red Heart Beet
Red Heart Beet
Sweet beets for salads or pickling. Harvest in just 58 days!

'Viva la France' Carrot
'Viva la France' Carrot
Pull fresh from the garden in 70 days and enjoy crisp, sweet carrot flavor.
'Cherry Bomb II' Radish
'Cherry Bomb II' Radish
Sow and stand back! These beauties are ready in just 23 days. Uniform shape and color.

Grow a salad from seed!

Shop Burpee!