Re: More convention photos

  • Subject: Re: More convention photos
  • From: Emile <chezdeck@erols.com>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 07:41:31 -0700

Thanks for your compliment. When I decided to take our camera to the
convention, it was with the thought in mind of creating a record of my
hosta adventure to share with my wife, Jane. When I got home and we
looked at the photos, we decided that there were sufficient of
acceptable quality to put onto Photopoint for perhaps some other people
who were not there to look at.

One thing lead to another, Bob suggested posting on his lists, one other
person requested permission to put it, we thought, on one other hosta
group, then ended up putting it on still another.

As a result, as we speak, 3004 people have visited this album since
Wednesday at noon when we put it on. 2,325 since 9am yesterday.

I apoplogize for the lousy people pictures, but they were taken from way
back in the room, and I had to zoom in!!

This was my first hosta convention, and did I have a ball! I met some of
the most fabulous people. Thanks to Jim Tock, who was my chauffeur,
guide, and facilitator in introducing me to all of those great folks.

I enjoyed meeting so many interesting people, including George Schmid,
and practicing speaking German with him for at least an hour! Also got
to speak French with some great Canadians, sorry, not sure of the
names.  It will certainly not be my last convention to go to, and I
would strongly encourage any society member that has been hesitating, to
make the worthwhile effort to go to the next one !      Emile