RE: You decide........truth......or......scam

  • Subject: RE: You decide........truth......or......scam
  • From: "Pinterics, Michael W (MED)" <Michael.Pinterics@med.ge.com>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 21:40:48 -0500

I have a strong inclination that it may in fact be
a scam.

I had dealt with a Larry from Hartford on another
forum and he was looking to trade hostas.  He offered
to drive to my place in Milwaukee to pick them up and
check out my gardens.  He was extremely forward in his
requests for trades.

I can not verify that it is truth or scam but I would
not send any plants.  Too much in that message does
not jive.  For somebody disabled by arthrits he's one
heck of a typist.  Also... This 9 yr old?  Getting into
the business?  Sounds more like his daughter.  I could
be wrong maybe it's a grand-daughter.  I honestly  do
not know for sure.

I am just suprised with the #'s of folks growing hosta
in the area, SE WI, that he is not able to get anybody
local to donate hosta.

Just an opinion.