Re: OK, so it's a cute kid story...

  • Subject: Re: OK, so it's a cute kid story...
  • From: BanyaiHsta@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 14:44:26 EDT

Alttara, keep the kids in the garden - they will thank you for it later.

14 years ago when my 16 year old Mark was then 2 years old, he would follow my wife Lois around the yard (often wrapped around one of her legs, those who have had two year olds know what I mean) as she gave garden tours. After about his umpteenth tour, he started to give the talk himself. He would follow Lois and guests and start out "This is Grandma's Gold Standard, this is Moonlight , this is Francee Williams". Lois corrected him; that there is Francee and over there is Frances Williams. No Mom, Grandma told me it was Francee Williams and Grandma Banyai knows more about hostas than you do. She said so herself!

We laughed many a laugh with Pauline over the story.

I wish I had a camera last Fri at noon -  son Mark was dividing hosta Gold Standard for the local nursery, where he works, and telling them not to plant them so deep in the pots. I know Mom would appreciate  that all the training she gave her grandsons is paying off.