Re Tets

  • Subject: Re Tets
  • From: "Mary Chastain" <mc_hosta@Bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 21:58:24 -0400

I have been reading the posts on tets. I feel sure that I have several tets
in the garden.  I find that it is very difficult to set seed on them.
Tomorrow I plan to try the pollen from Lakeside Shore Master ( which I feel
is a tet) on a plant that is a cross from a ventricosa ( which may or may
not be a tet) I also have a very dark extra heavy substance plant from a
cross of S & S Which I believe to be a tet. If substance and flower are an
indication of a tet then Lakeside Sir Logan must be one. Never have I seen
substance like it has.  Its pollen is good and it produces heavy substance
seedlings. Up until now I have not put much effort into crossing these
plants. If it works, will I get fertile tets that are easier to work with?

Mary Chastain
Lakeside Acres
8119 Roy Lane
Ooltewah, TN 37363