Fire and Ice vs Loyalist

  • Subject: Fire and Ice vs Loyalist
  • From: Bob <bobaxe@sbtek.net>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 11:13:07 -0500

HI everyone
	Luc from the Netherlands sent me this, I thought I would pass it on.

Last 3 years Danny van Eechaute(Belgium Hosta collector 1400 different
Hostas) and me Luc Klinkhamer(Netherlands) did
research about:
Hosta Fire and Ice(Shady Oaks) and Hosta Loyalist (Vitro Westland)
They look very much the same but there is a big difference as you can
see on this photo
At the left side of the picture you can see a 3 years old plant from H.
Fire and Ice.
At the Right side a 3 years old plant from H.Loyalist.
We have tested totaly 10 plants of each var. and they all look like the
plants on this photo
I hope you can do something with this information
Best regards Luc Klinkhamer
Luc Klinkhamer
PO Box 350
2160  AJ Hillegom The Netherlands