RE: Fire and Ice vs Loyalist

  • Subject: RE: Fire and Ice vs Loyalist
  • From: "James M. Anderson" <JmaHosta@WinterberryFarms.com>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 18:36:03 -0400

The difference in Fire and Ice and Loyalist has been noted by several
growers I have talked to.  Some have even stopped growing Fire and Ice as it
just is too slow.  I have seen Fire and Ice, Loyalist, and Flash of Light
lined up in containers and the difference in growth rate is dramatic.
However, the name sells plants so I would bet that some Loyalist (and even
some Flash of Light) will get renamed Fire and Ice.

Recently our lab introduced a sport that also came from Patriot that we call
Flash of Light.  All three Patriot sports appeared independently, at about
the same time, from TC.  Flash of Light looks a lot like Fire and Ice (the
little twist in the leaves), but grows like Loyalist (fast).  If you have
had problems with Fire and Ice, I would try Loyalist or Flash of Light.

Jim Anderson
WFTC