Re: Parentage

  • Subject: Re: Parentage
  • From: "Diana Grenfell And Roger Grounds" <applecourt@btinternet.com>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:37:19 +0100

I needed these details for Gwen Black's 'Blue Canoe' and this is what she
told me:

She wrote about it in the Nov. 1994 British Hosta & Hemerocallis Society's
Newsletter and it was then four years old.  "It was one of ten seedlings
from an open pollinated pod on 'Frances Williams', beside which were growing
two plants of 'Halcyon'.   My (her) notes in my (her) records here say that
the leaf remains folded like a Venus Fly Trap feeding leaf."

Hope this helps.
Diana Grenfell