Another dumb question

  • Subject: Another dumb question
  • From: "Ann James" <annfree@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 21:30:23 -0500

Okay, folks, you have been very kind to me in my state of bewilderment.  Now
most of my hostas are blooming, though this is not all that impressive, but
do they bloom throughout the season?  If there is indeed a season.

I don't know who is where, because I didn't stick in the little nametags
when I put them in the ground.  But it seems to me that some hostas are more
enticing to the regular run of bugs than others.  One in the front shade bed
has taken heavy damage, and I put out serious poison to prevent more. The
dogs don't get outside the back yard fence except on lead, which is why I
can do this.

Hostas really are enchanting plants, with their sculptural inclination.  I
mean, they really needn't bloom at all.  Just keep throwing up those sets of
leaves.

Ann James