Re: hostas go with?

  • Subject: Re: hostas go with?
  • From: "Ann James" <annfree@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 14:15:09 -0500

Why, I'm starting to think it's a really good plan.  Or at least a plan.  As
you all know, I only met hostas last year for the first time and had no idea
how they would fare.  But we were in a new place with a zillion billion
trees and not much sun and I sort of surfed the net looking for shade stuff.

This year, those little guys I got in four inch pots are big and bold and I
am really thrilled with them.  Of course I don't know who anyone is because
I didn't plant their ID stickers with them.  This would be a handicap if I
wanted a couple dozen more of my favorite, which is very dark centered with
a light trim and a very orderly plant.  Well, there are two of them.  Maybe
I can just divide them, because one of them looks like it's growing sort of
in two places anyhow.  But we have a really long line of azaleas in the
front.  I'd need a bunch.  Or maybe not, if they really do spread as

Ann James
Conroe, TX