hostas of course

  • Subject: hostas of course
  • From: SECK138@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:31:37 EDT

Will the real hosta please stand up.  I have numerous hostas that are not
like their parentage(?).  Do we have the same plants?  I do not think so.  I
finally begged a cutting of summer music off Glen Williams after buying 4 and
killing them all.  I had just about given up on it thinking I just cannot grow
summer music.  The cutting I got from Glen is doing wonderfully coming up
multi-divisions and obviously thriving.  Thank you very much Glen for everything.   I
recently begged a tokudama nebulosa off of Rich Horowitz because of similiar
luck.  Rich was also very generous with some other plants.  My stetson and his
stetson do not look a like.  I wanted both plants.  So we are all out there
buying TC's for cheap money. What are we getting.   Admittedly  there are some
hostas that retained their qualities in TC but not all.  My split milk gets
smaller every year and has almost disappeared. Part of my embroidery has
reverted to a plain hosta with larger leaf no prominent markings. Wasn't that a worth
TC purchase.  However it is a better growing hosta since it reverted back.
I have some plants that are just superior in every way.  I have more than
enough hostas, but I not all together sure I have every superior hosta.  Of
course, the pictures of first look plants are to droll over. Are they superior
plants?  We can always hope and dream. Which of course keeps us buying.    Chris
from Braintree