Re: hostas of course

  • Subject: Re: hostas of course
  • From: halinar@open.org
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 19:36:51 -0700

>Is this what is happening to H. June?

This is probably happening to a lot of hostas, but probably more so
with the variegated hostas.  Some variegated hostas can be propagated
quite vigorously and not have many off types.  Then there are some
hostas that are difficult to maintain.  June seems to be reasonably
stable if you don't get too aggressive with the propagation, but it
isn't difficult to get some plants that are slightly different.  I
have one plant of June that I am watching that looks a little better
then the original plant I got.  It's necessary to grow these minor
variations for several years to see if they are stable.

Joe Halinar