Re: hosta-open DIGEST V1 #181

  • Subject: Re: hosta-open DIGEST V1 #181
  • From: Hal Lanktree hal_lanktree@wowway.com
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 11:48:23 -0400

hosta-open DIGEST wrote:

hosta-open DIGEST Sunday, June 5 2005 Volume 01 : Number 181

In this issue:

LAwn Mower help
Re: LAwn Mower help

Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 14:18:58 -0400
From: gw1944@vermontel.net (Glen Williams)
Subject: LAwn Mower help

Dear Hosta Folk:

Two year ago my polluting power law mower died. I bought an old fashioned
reel mower. I don't have a lot of lawn (most all is hostas now) but with
all of the rain the past couple of years, I don't always mow it when it
needs it. Once it gets too long I have to mow it from 4 different
directions and even that doesn't always get it all. I will not have another
noisey polluter but I need something where I do not spend 4 hours clipping
by hand each week.

I was told that there is a mower that works on a battery that needs to be
charged. Is there such a mower? How does it work? How expensive? Any
recommendations.I will not mow with anything that has an extension cord. I
have gone through too many cords with my hedge clippers.

Any and all advice would be appreciated. Brands too if possible. thanks glen

"I miss her sweet presence." M.E.

Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont
05156
Tel: 802-885-2839
------------------------------

There are several cordless electric mowers on the market. Prices seem to run from approx $200 for a Brookstone through $500 for a mulching Black and Decker. Try doing a Google search for cordless electric mowers.
Carolyn

I was told that there is a mower that works on a battery that needs to be
charged. Is there such a mower? How does it work? How expensive? Any
recommendations.I will not mow with anything that has an extension cord. I
have gone through too many cords with my hedge clippers.

Any and all advice would be appreciated. Brands too if possible. thanks glen

End of hosta-open DIGEST V1 #181

Glen, this link will get you to a number of reviews of cordless mowers:
http://www.epinions.com/search/?submitted_form=searchbar&search_string=lawn+mower&tax_name=&dyn_nav=0&dyn_nav_id=&search_vertical=all&searchbar_submit=Search

The link string is long, and you will probably have to copy and paste it in your browser. It looks like there is only one battery powered machine, and a couple with cords. I am sure you can find more reviews with Google. Good Luck.
Hal